Cha manao yen
Cha Manao Yen is my favorite Thai beverage. It doesn’t matter if it’s morning, noon or evening, I can always drink this. The best thing about this drink is that it goes well with Thai food.
- 1 liter water
- 2 bags thai tea (other black tea is fine too, you won’t get the same result)
- 150 gr cane sugar
- 150 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 litre ice cubes
- Boil 1 liter water.
- Squeeze 175 ml lime juice (about 9 limes), check my tip : http://www.thailandforfarang.com/tips/squeezing-limes/
- Add 2 thai tea bags in the boiling water and leave it for a few minutes (I usually leave them about 10 min).
- Add the sugar and stir until it’s all solved.
- Add the lime juice.
- Add about the volume of 1 liter ice cubes.
Serve it in a glass full of Ice cubes and a piece of lime for decoration. This recipe is for about 1,5 liter iced tea.